Eric Fillion is a postdoctoral fellow (SSHRC and FRQSC) in the Department of History at the University of Toronto. He holds a PhD in History from Concordia University. His research explores the social and symbolic importance of music, within countercultures and in Canadian international relations. His ongoing work on cultural diplomacy and Canadian-Brazilian relations builds on the experience he has acquired as a musician. It also informs his current postdoctoral project, which examines international music festivals as transnational, contested sites of cultural performance during the long sixties. An affiliate of the North American Cultural Diplomacy Initiative (NACDI), he is the founder of the Tenzier archival record label and the author of JAZZ LIBRE et la révolution québécoise.
Email address: eric[@]ericfillion[.]org
(Encryption key: PGP)
Discography (Selected List)
– Pas chic chic. 12”. ℗ 2010. Semprini. LP.
– Land of Kush. Against the Day. ℗ 2009. Constellation. LP/CD.
– Pas chic chic. Au contraire. ℗ 2008. Semprini. LP/CD.
– Cobra noir. Barricades. ℗ 2006. Yellow Dog / Chainsaw Safety. LP/CD.
– Cobra noir. Abode of the Dead. ℗ 2005. Magic Bullet / Cyclop Media. LP/CD.
– The Black Hand. War Monger. ℗ 2002. Scorched Earth Policy / Chainsaw Safety. LP/CD.
– Ire. Adversity into Triumph. ℗ 1999. Ellington. CD.
– Ire. I Discern an Overtone of Tragedy in your Voice. ℗ 1998. The Mountain Collective. LP/CD.
– Ire. Split w/ Seized. ℗ 1996. Fetus / Spineless. LP.
Music: Pas chic chic – “Interlude 1 [Allez vous faire influencer]”
Projections: Karl Lemieux
Nocturnes of the Montreal Museum of Contemporary Art (MAC) – 4 April, 2008